A good cause and a small change to plans...

BillM

Well, I've been waiting for the June 7th muskie opener on the French for a while. Unfortunately I completely forgot about the Relay for Life in Barrie, that happens on the Friday before (June 6th). We started to do the Relay after my sister passed away from brain cancer 3 years ago (she was 32 and a new mom). It's still extremely hard on my dad, he can't do the walk cause he just can't take it. It's getting easier for my mom and my sister though, trying to think of the good times we had instead of void that was left with all of us when she passed. My mom knew how badly I wanted to be out on the water, and told me to not worry about the walk, but I am sure I would be struck down on the French by a bolt of lightning if I didn't :)

I called up the camp we were staying at and informed them of my miss scheduling.. They graciously bumped our stay from the Sat - Mon instead.. Now everyone is happy :) I won't be getting struck down by lightning (thanks sis!) and I'll make my mom happy (along with all the other people that are coming). My sis was a nurse at the RVH in the emergency ward, so we should have a pretty big team this year!

I know this went a bit off topic, but hey there was a bit of fishing in it :)

I hope so to :)

I just got back from JB's, picked up a new jerkbait rod and reel (Compre 6'9' and a Okuma Induron 400)..

I'm gonna be real ticked if I don't get to break them in with a muskie!