Mono fishing line recommendations

I'm partial to the Berkley Trilene myself, John. I mostly fish wth the XT Extra Tough in clear.

Sometmes I'll spool up with the XL Smooth Casting in clear too. It's a little more limp and supposed to allow longer casts. Hard to judge if it really makes much of a difference but it does in my mind so I'll get it when shore fishing and my casts really have to get out there.

If you really must use mono lines, I have had great success with Ande Tournament Green, and Maxima lines.

Both are superior to anything that Berkely offers. :blahblah1::blahblah1:

Have you given thought to one of the braided lines in 10 or 8# test? Both have a very small diameter. The 8# is listed as 1# diameter.

John

only berkley xt for me,used that spider wire but snaps it so easy, at the same I have never tried all the lines out there so I cannot give you my best advice. but line isn't very expensive so I would try every line out there till you find the one you like best, its like finding the perfect pizza joint you have to try them, here in the hammer I would only recommend dine in pizza at Buddys Roadhouse, all the food is good there