Are there NO fish during spring????

YUMMYAPPLE

I went fishing at bayfront park in hamilton and i couldnt see a single fish in the water near shore.

NOT EVEN A ROUND GOBY!

needless to say, i didnt catch nothing either.

I always hear that you guys say that spring is a great time for shore fishing. What am I doing wrong?

When do the fish come out?

It is too cold right now. We are experiencing a late Spring start.

Maybe in 2 weeks, depending of course, on how quickly the sun comes out, you will be able to catch some fish. Right now, they are in deeper water, where it is warmer.

It is too cold right now. We are experiencing a late Spring start.

Maybe in 2 weeks, depending of course, on how quickly the sun comes out, you will be able to catch some fish. Right now, they are in deeper water, where it is warmer.

Oh I see.

Thank you

The last year I lived in Hammytown I caught lots of Perch at Peir Four, behind Hutch's on Bay Street starting in mid-April. As I recall the perch run petered out in May, and I shore fished at Waterford for Crappie and Pike, and waded at Caladonia for Steelhead (Lake Erie Rainbow Trout) and Walleye in May.

Garry2R's

There's plenty of fish down there, been out about half dozen times in the last two weeks and always catch SOMETHING.

I like to cover water down there, 3-4 casts then move to the next spot down. Some days I catch all my fish in Macassa Bay, others by Leander. I cover the boat launch to the rowing club in about 2-3 hours, have caught pike (nothing over 30" darnit, I lost my big one on Friday, whaaaaa!) lots & lots of drum over 10lbs, and a few oos bass. Usually catch 3-4 fish in an evening. Cordell Redfin & X-Rap have caught all my fish, nothing on spoons or spinnerbaits.

But I've seen some nice carp cruising around lately (20lb+), might give those a shot soon.