Gulp Minnows and Leeches in the "bucket"

Hookset

Just a heads up...

When you pick up these Gulp baits (in the small bucket) be sure you do not pick them up using the attached

handle. With the lid off these will definitely dump out and cause one heck of a mess.

Even with the lid on you will see what I mean.

Just a poor packaging design of a good bait.

I just took the handle right off - easy to do - solved the problem.

save yourself some grief.

Hookset.

I am still debating getting a bucket.....

Do they make Gulp! leeches in a pack? Maybe that I could give a try first, before forking out $20 on a bucket?

Yes the leeches come on the packages too, however in the Gulp format not Gulp Alive. I don't see much of a difference except that Gulp Alive is in buckets with the liquid. http://www.berkley-fishing.com/cat.php?k=96386&sk=95677

I know for me I got the small bucket cause with a baby on the way my fishing time early this season is limited. I would have got the large bucket otherwise, because in the past I have gone through lots of those Gulp Minnows.

Just wish I could have found the 4" Alive minnows at the store, had to settle with the 3" ones. The 3" attract too many sunfish, I have found the 4" work better getting the crappies to bite and being to large to be enticing to the sunfish.

You got that right. I've talked to a few people who have bought cheap watertight containers at Wal-Mart or the Dollar store to store them safer.

If its this common of a problem, I can see the packaging next year.... New Improved Alive formula with easier to use bucket!

When I purchased one last year the handle was okay but when the bucket tipped (with the lid securely tighten) the liquid found a way to leak out after the package was initially opened. Contacted Berkley to complain but got the run around and still have 3/4 of a bucket full of gulp alive minnows half dried out :angry: , do yourself a favor and pick up any water tight container to transfer everything to it.

Just wish I could have found the 4" Alive minnows at the store, had to settle with the 3" ones. The 3" attract too many sunfish, I have found the 4" work better getting the crappies to bite and being to large to be enticing to the sunfish.

Holy crap lol 4 inches for crappie!? I only use 2.5" minnows for crappie fishing. Whats the average size for the crappie you catch!?

And does anyone know how much more expensive alive is compared to the normal packaging ones? (well, comparing them based on the numbers of them in a package)

I used Gulp alive minnow yesterday while perch fishing on Lake Erie. Using a perch rig (two hooks) one salted Lake Erie emerald shiner and one Gulp minnow. They do catch gobies, not one perch was caught on them :(

So far not convince they can replace or even come close to live bait. However, the experiment will continue through out the season.

My problem is opening the lid, when that liquid gets in the threads of the lid it drips down the sides and just creates hell. And i bought the berkly gulp leeches but when i brought them home there was a hole in the package, so i just bought the bucket of leeches and added the gulp leeches to them. Works fine :D

Holy crap lol 4 inches for crappie!? I only use 2.5" minnows for crappie fishing. Whats the average size for the crappie you catch!?

And does anyone know how much more expensive alive is compared to the normal packaging ones? (well, comparing them based on the numbers of them in a package)

Average to small size crappie. The crappie are not afraid of the larger bait and will take it in. The sunfish won't. Maybe this year I will have better results cause I'm using the 3" instead :thumbsup_anim: