I don't rant often but BPS really

ecmilley

Since we were rained/blown off the lake, Jeff & I went wandering tackle shops on Sunday. Was our first time stopping into Gagnon's, and I've gotta say...they've got an absolutely stunning variety of stuff. I felt like I was let loose at Willy Wonka's. :thumbsup_anim:

The marked prices, however, were high. $9 for a Rapala that's $8 at BPS, and $50 over MSRP on one Shimano rod (but BPS is $60 over for the same thing).

Pleasant surprise of the day: JB's in Etobicoke had the same rod priced at MSRP...$50 less than the nearest competition. Was starting to think I'd never see it. :)

If you ask me, Bass Pro has really gone downhill over the last 2 years or so. Poor service, lack of stock are the main things to me.

On the flip side, Lebaron has way more stuff in than they use to have, they pretty well always have the shelves stocked and their prices on many items, especially graphs, are as low or lower. Case in point, picked myself up a Humminbird 717 on Saturday, $6 cheaper than BPS. They seem to be friendlier than they used to be as well, more willing to help if you need it.

Since we were rained/blown off the lake, Jeff & I went wandering tackle shops on Sunday. Was our first time stopping into Gagnon's, and I've gotta say...they've got an absolutely stunning variety of stuff. I felt like I was let loose at Willy Wonka's. :thumbsup_anim:

The marked prices, however, were high. $9 for a Rapala that's $8 at BPS, and $50 over MSRP on one Shimano rod (but BPS is $60 over for the same thing).

Pleasant surprise of the day: JB's in Etobicoke had the same rod priced at MSRP...$50 less than the nearest competition. Was starting to think I'd never see it. :)

TL, thanks for the info. I'll still pop in if I'm in the area, with my trusty LeBaron catalogue in hand, but it'll be a quick and cheap visit if I see high prices.