is my GPS pooched?

GBW

Hi all.

Quick question on my Lowrance XOG GPS. Now when I turn it on all I get is the warning screen and cannot get that to close. is my GPS pooched? I don't want to have to drive all the way out to the place I got it for them to tell me to call a 1-800 number... Thanks in advance.

Geoff W.

The warning was the one about not touching settings and so on while driving.

yes, about 20 times and it was just frozen on screen.

the good news is after about 25 min. in to my drive (been out and about for work since I posted) it started working again. So for now thanks for looking and offering help. cheers.

Check to see if you have it in "Safe" mode. When in this mode it will NOT take any commands while the vehicle is in motion, at least that is what my Lowrance iWay 500C will do. I have since canceled the "Safe" mode so while my truck in moving I can push any command button I like and it will function.

Check to see if you have it in "Safe" mode. When in this mode it will NOT take any commands while the vehicle is in motion, at least that is what my Lowrance iWay 500C will do. I have since canceled the "Safe" mode so while my truck in moving I can push any command button I like and it will function.

Thanks. I swear I turned it off but I'll have another look...

I had the same problem with my Lowrance H2OC. Turned out to be a card problem. It did the same thing. Would freeze up and every once in a while it would work. Popped in a new card and haven't had a problem since.

PB