Pike opener

keram

We've had a visitor for mothers day. My niece came from Montreal to spend few days with us. She always wanted to go fishing (never did before ), so I've had an excuse to wet the line. I've bought her licence (non resident $$$ :w00t: ) and at first light on Saturday morning we've went to my favored lake.. First surprise - the boat launch parking was already full :o ( at 7 am). On the side note: if somebody needs 2.5m on the both sides to park, just go to Wal Mart at midnight :dunno: . Anyway, I've de-winterized ( or summerized :D ) the motor week ago. On the first pull it's started like a dream. At first "honey hole" I've showed her how to cast spinning outfit. First cast 2 m distance, second cast 10 m, third one maybe fifteen.I was preparing my rod when I hear: I got one :thumbsup_anim: . Youp, in about 5 min she's hooked her first ever fish, nice pike. I could not convince her to hold it for the picture, so I was holding it .

med_gallery_186_422_23550.jpg

About 20 min later, we're drifting over huge stump, I've told her to cast to the side of it. I was little bit hungry, when searching for the sandwitch, I hear again : I got one. And here it is (again I'm fish "holder" )

med_gallery_186_422_2683.jpg

At the same spot I've hooked approx. 3 lb LM, but after identifying the fish, I've put slack on the line and performed perfect "long distance release". Bite died down completely, so we've moved to different part of the lake.

I'm getting allergic to " I got one". few minutes in new spot and she hooks another one,and again, and again.

I'm little bit nervous at this time, particularly bacause evert time she looks at me ' she is laughing

med_gallery_186_422_14433.jpg

Finally It is my turn( another pike ), I'm just happy to show anything for myself.

Two pikes were invited for "fish fry contest". They look good on cedar planks

Before

med_gallery_186_422_29868.jpg

After ( top shelf is just desert )

med_gallery_186_422_23271.jpg

My niece went home today with small present ( nice spinning combo ) for job well done.

I'm getting ready for the next weekend