hummers and others

brandon

As some of you know I'm moving to Masset, BC on the 25th of the month. Masset is located at the northern tip of the Queen Charlotte Islands which are off the North West coast of BC. I'll be working as a general help/photographer at a fishing lodge. I don't know if I've ever been more excited before.....not sure if it's because I'm moving to the Islands or because I don't have to do f*****g pest control anymore.....if I can give anybody advice.....stay out of pest control....its dirty, degrading, dangerous, and pays like crap......

Anyways my last day at work is Thursday the 15th and I have orientation for the new job in Vancouver on the 16th....The morning of the 17th I hop on a plane and fly to Windsor where I stay until saturday the 24th where I fly back to Vancouver. And finally around noon on the 25th I fly north to Masset....basically this whole story is a lead up to why I went and took some pictures today......all this traveling/moving requires packing, storage, organization, changes of address, etc., etc. which in turn brings on stress......anybody who has moved knows what I'm talking about......

So to combat some of the stress I drove to George C. Reifel Migratory Bird Sanctuary once again.....I just basically needed to get out of the house and get some air....

Here are my favourites of the day....hope you enjoy

018editcroppedwebsite.jpg

041editwebsite.jpg

050editwebsite.jpg

099editcroppedwebsite.jpg

these two didn't turn out as sharp as I would have liked but it's hard to keep both birds in focus when theyre zippin around so quickly

174editwebsite.jpg

188editwebsite.jpg

here is one of the adult Great Horned Owl's trying to take a nap while one of the chillins re-adjusts it's situation on the branch.....the little guy couldn't sit still

282editwebsite.jpg

and for you waterfowl lovers, here is a Wood Duck

464editwebsite.jpg

and now back to the hummingbirds

male

573editwebsite.jpg

female

583editwebsite.jpg

631editwebsite.jpg

699editcroppedwebsite.jpg

805editcroppedwebsite.jpg

I know a lot of the pics are similar but I decided to include them all anyways......hope you enjoy

this may be my last photo post for a while.....Once I get situated in the islands and get some pics up there I'll begin posting again

Take Care,

Brandon Broderick

Hey Brandon, Wow lucky you, The Charlottes are amazing...can't wait to see what you get to shoot up there!!!! if you get to do some fishing , tie one on for me, my dream is to salmon fish at the Charlottes. Sorry haven't had time to post my moose pics yet, but they are coming....GoodLuck!!!! :Gonefishing: Fisher Girl