temagami marine boat action today

moose

left the house at 430 this morning drove to temagami marine arrived 845 am from toronto, check in looked at boats, the auction starts at 1100 am the 1st boat they didnt sell said there wasnt enough of a bid , no reserve bid was given this happened about 10 times on different items, a bunch of guys left . there was some half decent deals and some that they wouldnt sell . any auction ive been at they always showed a reserve bid to start. why waste everyones time then say no sale. so i didnt buy a boat today but close . great weather that should lead into next weekend cant wait to go back up next weekend

Thanks for the report Malcolm. I would have been there if not for a wedding in Ottawa. Can't believe they didn't have at least a reserve sticker on anything that had a min reserve price.

I was told all the micro craft packages were supposed to go at no reserve.

I have never been to an auction where they told the audience what the reserve was before bidding started. I've watched them get the owner to wave the reserve when it got close.. but not reached.. but never told anyone what it is ahead of time.

Besides.. they're were only trying to raise enough money to keep my Lund warrantee issue/costs at bay !! LOL

Too bad nothing came home with you, but sometimes that's a good thing as well. I'll be up there and in the water by noon on Monday!!!

they advertised everything must go, nothing be left, especially since billy kitz sold the marina , all is going to retire,ment fund

Where/when did they state that Malcolm. I'm asking because I posted right here on OFC that some stuff had reserves and some stuff didn't and that came straight from Kim. The business was sold well over a year ago++ but I guess the older stock could have still been on Bill's line of credit to cut the business sale cost, but just because Kim and Des are still there.. don't let it fool you who owns the place. If I had of been smart in 2006.. it would have been me.

from there salesman bruce who i talked to on the phone 5-6 different times on the phone . if they needed a minumum bid then thats where it should of startted not a 1000$ for a item they wanted 10000$ for and bids only got to 5-6 thousand

Okay.. I'll talk to them when I get up there. I thought Bruce was gone as of last September.. guess they let him come back. I think you wuz mislead and I'll discuss that with Andre and Kim.

As for a reserve auction. They do generally start below reserve to get things going... to get the bidders wound up to pass the reserve. I've never seen them start with the reserve price in any, generally car, aucton that I've been at...and I've attended many over the years.

theres no sense talking to them what happened happened. i only reported what happened. it just left a bad taste in some peoples mouths. they did what was best for them. and it would be the same with any business.