Discusting

xrap

Well I went fishing this Sunday, and as we get the spot. Were walking down the hill to the river and see two guys that are making thier way back up. I asked them how the fishing was and the one guy said nothing and the other guy ya we got some, and then the first guy who first blurted "nothing" then answered back yea a little... And then they just walked away. It seemed kinda strange too me why he would lie but when we got to the river I knew why.

Bunch of catfish and sucker heads....

PIC_0095.jpg

Here's the guts and eggs......

PIC_0096.jpg

They made a big mess which kinda got me mad but when I looked closely inside the pile of heads THis is what really got me mad

PIC_0097.jpg

Pike is closed in this section for another week, I just hope those eggs didn't come from the pike.

Edited by xrap

Isn't throwing the guts back in the water another offence? ;)

That is quite the bloodbath there. I wonder if poaching is getting worse or better. On the one hand, I can't remember conservation being more widely accepted. On the other, people on here have loads of these kinds of reports. I'm hoping it's gotten better, but we're hearing about it more because of the Internet.

They shoulda tossed the stuff in the water . . . makes good feed for mink, sea gulls, turtles & other scavengers. That'll likely be all gone in a few days. HOWEVER . . . . the O. O. S. pike head doesn't impress me much at all . . . unfortunately there are a lot of people around who are getting to know watta joke patroling our waterways is . . . . when the Ministry won't even allot enough gas for C. O's to do their jobs, nor do the have anywhere near enough bodies to do the job. Makes me S-I-C-K!! (Unfortunately carp don't eat that stuff!)

I don't understand how people can leave the city, to enjoy nature, then proceed to disrespect it so.

How can anyone walk away from a mess like that?

There are bottles, cans, and styrofoam worm containers up and down the shoreline at every public access point in the Kawarthas...

I live on Hwy 28, at least 40 or 50 Km from the closest Timmie's or McDonald's, and almost every Monday I get to pick-up Tim Horton and McD's litter out of my ditch. For F**ks sake keep the trash in your vehicle until you stop for gas etc. and if your throwing beer bottles, toss them lightly so they don't break, I can't get a dime for the broken ones...hahaha.

I don't understand how people can leave the city, to enjoy nature, then proceed to disrespect it so.

How can anyone walk away from a mess like that?

There are bottles, cans, and styrofoam worm containers up and down the shoreline at every public access point in the Kawarthas...

I live on Hwy 28, at least 40 or 50 Km from the closest Timmie's or McDonald's, and almost every Monday I get to pick-up Tim Horton and McD's litter out of my ditch. For F**ks sake keep the trash in your vehicle until you stop for gas etc. and if your throwing beer bottles, toss them lightly so they don't break, I can't get a dime for the broken ones...hahaha.

I'm glad I didn't get a pick of the garbage, hmm makes me think back to why I stopepd fishing this place :wallbash:

So, is there any reason why one would resort to butchering catfish and suckers on the spot? For making fresh sashimi to go?

I was thinking the same thing myself...yech!

And yeah, yeah I know catfish are delicious :blahblah1: .

Still wouldn't catch me eating those things :P .

I am also very dissappointed:( i have no respect for ppl who butcher fish and are meat hunters!! then ppl wonder y popular fishing spots are made private...and the garbage is getting worse year to year....how are ppl supposed to enjoy nature or even going fishing with loads of garbage around? good report x-rap glad you decided to report this! :thumbsup_anim: