In a crisis here

I'm sorry about your loss. Do whatever is reasonable to keep things going smoothly.

This may seem cold on my part, but did his brother offer to cover the financial part of the arrangements he made?

he was on ODSP, its covered by them

this is too much to handle, we just heard his brother is doing everything, and is taking all the ashes to BC with him, its getting tougher, mom feels like she has been kicked to the side, she begged the brother and sister for apart of the ashes, they said no, my stepdad hated this one particular brother, well at least now they can think this will make up for the many years they didnt want to be in his life

all my mother had was him, she has me and my sister but this man was there everyday and they became more like two girlfreinds, too her not getting some part of the ashes, which would at least give her the feeling he is there with us, omg, if there is a God, i question where?

Edited by urbanangler

Hello Again Urbanangler,

You may not realize it but you've already pegged it. They, not you are trying to "make up for the many years they didnt want to be in his life". Ironic that the one feeling the most guilt is actively involved.

You say:

"not getting some part of the ashes, which would at least give her the feeling he is there with us, omg, if there is a God, i question where?"

He's been with you all along, by both your sides. You just have to believe that and when you do, the significance of the ashes will pale in comparison. You and your mother came to his life, the others are coming to his death. What is more important?

So go on and follow your heart because God is already guiding you with your Step-Father by your side, you just don't know it yet. You need not question where God is just believe that you are where he needs you right now.

Stay Strong!

Peter