kayak fishing boats

NAC

This Saturday May 3 @ Laurel Creek Conservation Area in Waterloo. 9:30am start

This is a great opportunity for anyone who has been kicking around the idea of purchasing a fishing kayak or any kayak for that matter to get out and give some a try!

I was asked to display a rigged yak.

I believe that the fishing yaks, there will be Heritage, Hobie, Native, Ocean and Wilderness Systems.... at least that's what they carry in-store.

Stop by and say "Hi", I'll be the one with the Jack Russell(Gordie) in his PFD pulling the yak all around.

Sorry for the short notice, but I myself was just invited today.

Hope a few of you can make it out!

Anybody going to be selling "previously enjoyed" boats?

I can't say for sure because I do know that they sell their rentals off each year but when that is I do not know.... sorry.

you could always call them

i am to far to go and check them out. i got a kayak for xmas, just a small 12-14 footer....any recommendation for fish finders that i can possible put on it, preferably portable. any info would be great, gonna try and use it alot this summer as i am 2 minutes from lake erie and Niagara river.

I have the H-bird 535 portable that I use on one of my kayaks. I bought portable to use on the ice as well and got a base for the kayak then attached it to a RAM mount - works real nice.

silicon the transducer to the flatest part of the hull and hook up a gel cell battery

what type of kayak are you putting the sonar on?

there's lots of kayak rigging tips/diplays/help on the Ontario kayak fishing site - Yakfisher.net

BTW - the subject event is running on Sunday as well.

Hope you had yourself a good day out there Nomad!

And just a reminder if folks couldn't make it out today, it's also on tomorrow( Sunday )!

Sounds pretty neat if you're interested in buying a kayak because you get to test paddle a bunch of models and 'try before you buy.'

I have the H-bird 535 portable that I use on one of my kayaks. I bought portable to use on the ice as well and got a base for the kayak then attached it to a RAM mount - works real nice.

silicon the transducer to the flatest part of the hull and hook up a gel cell battery

what type of kayak are you putting the sonar on?

there's lots of kayak rigging tips/diplays/help on the Ontario kayak fishing site - Yakfisher.net

BTW - the subject event is running on Sunday as well.

I have a Pamlico 100 by Wilderness systems.... Not top of the line but good for what I wanna do with it, plus a longer one would be a problem when putting it in my truck cab...LOL. I looked at that fish finder also, but it looked kinda bulky for me, I would have to see it in the store to see how big it really is.

Hope you had yourself a good day out there Nomad!

Sounds pretty neat if you're interested in buying a kayak because you get to test paddle a bunch of models and 'try before you buy.'

Thanks Mike!

It was a bit of monsoon on Saturday but things appeared to have went well.

Several people purchased fishing kayaks and whole lot more got intested in it.

Good to meet a few of you!!

see pics;

th_P1020324.jpg

th_P1020323.jpg

th_P1020322.jpg

th_P1020321.jpg

th_P1020320.jpg

th_P1020319.jpg

th_P1020318.jpg

th_P1020317.jpg

th_P1020316.jpg

th_P1020315.jpg

th_P1020314.jpg

th_P1020313.jpg

th_P1020312.jpg

NICE KAYAK THERE....I can't do all that with mine. Mine is similar to the blue kayak in the 3rd pic, there are 3 kayaks in front of yours, mine is like the blue one. Guess I will have to improvise when added stuff to my YAK...LOL