Ringwood Chinook Stocking-Milne Fish Way-PICS

spoonman

Sunday was another great day at the hatchery. Seeing more and more empty Chinook tanks is great. We are almost at the finish line. One more week and all Chinooks will be swimming free in Lake O.

A few of us managed to go to the Milne Fish Way Sunday am to lift some more rainbows and collect some data.

A picture of a really nice Male Rainbow

DSC05317.jpg

Rainbow being lifted over dam

DSC05318.jpg

Getting ready to leave hatchery, the tank full of fish.

DSC05320.jpg

A picture of the Chinooks a few minutes after drop off.

DSC05325.jpg

It was an amazing night guys, so nice to see the salmon in the lake, after all the long and hard work.

The stocking runs continue this week.

For more infomation please visit The Metro East Angler Website

http://www.metroeastanglers.com/

Cheers

AL

www.alsadventures.ca

Edited by spoonman

i was wondering .. what happens to the fish that make it north of the miln dam do they make there way back to the lake or do they stay in the ponds above the dam?

I remember seeing some fish at toogood pond in mid june a few years ago couldnt make out what they were butt they were same average size as steelhead.... i dont think they were carp.... thx

very cool. I don't know much about stocking but i thought that when they stocked they did it in the creeks and rivers. Good to see our fishery getting larger. Thanks to you and your crew.

Chinook are stocked in a variety of locations, some directly into the lake and some into rivers. They are being pen reared in Whitby Harbour and at Wellington.