Long overdue pics to post

Master of Bait

Hey gang,

Haven't been posting regularly but I owe you guys a few pics from fishing trips past. Finally got my disposable cameras developed that have been sitting in the garage for over a year so here are a select few shots from a couple of different trips...

First, thanks to Rich from the board and fishmaster on the Grand for setting me up with some good catfish info. My buddy and I headed there on Wednesday and, although we were relegated to worms, we managed a couple of decent fish. I am sure that baitfish of some kind would have enhanced our catch but I can't say I am at all disappointed.

April 23, '08:

We nailed a bunch of small channels, some bullheads and a sheepshead on Wednesday. Just fantastic to get out and wet the line after a long absence from fishing. Fished from the dam down a couple of klicks south. Caught fish at a variety of depths with worms on bottom.

Here is the average size of the cats that were hitting the worms (little guys)

003_9A.jpg

But then I got a bit better one

003_17.jpg

And my buddy got an even better one

004_10A.jpg

And I got a sheepshead

002_8A.jpg

Overall, a beautiful river, a beautiful day, and fishmaster has a great launch ramp too. Thanks for all your help (Rich too)!

Here is a shot of some Simcoe perch from last October, gorgeous day! We were sitting over "clouds" of perch and watched them fight over our bait. Everything worked, worms, minnows, gulp plastic minnows, etc. Between Georgina and the south shore.

006_20.jpg

And here are a couple of my buddies with my boat in the background. If you see this obscenely bright dinghy out there, be sure to say hi

007_21.jpg

Next up are some shots from last summer:

My buddy nailed this little largie at one of our favourite, top-secret lakes. We are always amazed at how many bass we can pull out of 15 foot weedlines trolling crankbaits for walleye and pike.

013_27.jpg

Lots of snot-rockettish northerns there that make up for their lack of size by their abundance. Here is an average one. Sometimes catch 30 a day.

014_28.jpg

Here is a smallie in the bottom of the boat

015_29.jpg

Sunset, time to go home. Don't you all look forward to more of these in the near future?

009_23.jpg

Next up, Clearwater Florida over new year's. My wife and I took off for a few days and, of course, I packed the rods. Ended up doing 4am-8am fishing missions while she slept, thereby maximizing "together time" during the day while still catching fish whenever possible. Unfortunately, many of the pics did not turn out (dark, cr*ppy flash I guess). I caught a shark (24 inch dink), some speckled trout, whiting, grouper and bluefish, but all I have to show for it are these strange saltwater cats (getting a better camera next time!).

008_14A.jpg

009_15A.jpg

Finally, Virginia Beach last August (another short getaway). Fished the pier every morning (same deal, I give up my sleepy time to fish when my wife is snoozing, then hang with her on the beach during the day). Unfortunately, the pics did not turn out here as well. I hooked a large skate (ray) that broke me off at the surface trying to haul it up 25 feet to the pier, lots of whiting and these little guys called "spots", lots of bluefish and a spanish mackerel. The only ones that turned out were these bluefish.

016_30.jpg

I would keep 2-3 fish usually and give them to the locals, using some of the fish as bait as well.

018_32.jpg

What I love about shore/pier fishing in the ocean is that you never know what you're going to lay into. I don't even care about size, but just seeing different, unique fish is always lots of fun.

That's all folks. Unfortunately I didn't bring the camera for many different trips last year so there was lots more to report that I can't show pics for. I promise to do a better job documenting the fishing this coming year.

All the best, hope to post again soon. Try to avoid the "zoo" tomorrow if at all possible!

Hey gang,

Thanks for the comments - knew I had it coming for the sweater (and the boat!).

I painted the boat that ungodly color as a jab at my wife (I was talking trash and she called me on it).

Only problem now is that I am not allowed to leave it in the driveway (it stays tucked in the garage because it 'clashes' with... absolutely everything).

Cheers

great pics!

o man that's such a great idea. i want a boat so badly but i just didn't think my mom would let me park my boat in the garage and leave her car out on the driveway. Should i do yellow or pink? ... neon green? lol