More Owls...

brandon

I went back to that migratory bird sanctuary today to check out how the baby Great Horned Owls were doing.....and they're growing quite fast. I was also able to get a few pictures of the mother but the father was in a branchy location.....not sure if branchy is a word but I'm sure you get the point lol anyways here are 2 pics of the babies and 2 of the momma

It was pretty cloudy when I took this picture and I HATE pictures with a white sky......they just look too blah....so I tried to still make this picture useable by making it black and white.....

207bwcroppedwebsite.jpg

The clouds cleared for this next picture so I left it in colour.....however in black and white it looks cool too because the fuzzy feathers around the owl almost give it a halo look

462editcroppedwebsite.jpg

and here are 2 candid shots of the mom Owl.....

big yawn....

355editwebsite.jpg

I'm sure it gets tiring standing in a tree all day long.......leg stretch time

364editwebsite.jpg

Last time I posted the owl pictures somebody asked about waterfowl shots......so these.....are for you

120editwebsite.jpg

I really didn't like taking this picture because its a duck on a very unappealing gravel path......however at this place its either that or in muddy water......and the owls were being boring so I took a pic of this Wood Duck as it walked by

455editcroppedwebsite.jpg