where to go steelheading

walleyejigger

If you have ANYTHING negative to add please dont bother, i'm not trying to stir poop

i know it's a VERY touchy subject and i may be beheaded for it it, but I don't care, i've been wanting to ask for a few weeks now but was a little leary

this is a fishing board last i checked so i'm gonna ask, it may not be popular and frowned upon by some, but i have no clue so it can't hurt to ask

I'm always wanting to try something new. Seeing as i'm getting laid off on sunday and will have some spare time on my hands at a crappy time of year, maybe this is the time to take up steelheading,

my first question would be where to go?

i'm from sudbury and wouldn't want to travel to southern ontario to learn so staying as close to home as possible is important, but alas I have no clue where to go, I'm thinkin probably manitoulin island but am not sure, maybe somewhere along the north shore of huron

soooooo.... if anybody could guide towards a creek/river/whatever it would be REALLY appreciated.

if not thanks anyways

Walleyejigger,

Nothing negative from here on this topic....

My name is not G-----t...........(J/K.. G).... :angel:

(C'mon man..ya love the action of these threads and if you still got them....You've also the boots to wade in thick with it..ahahaha..)

W-Jg'r......Ive sent you a PM

Between the soo and sudbury has some tribs, thessalon gets a run. The rapids is gonna start up late this year due to the weather. Few fish but the same catches as through the winter. Though Ive never been there I hear guys fish manitoulin and some fisheries guys I know have done work on rainbow there.

Between the soo and sudbury has some tribs, thessalon gets a run. The rapids is gonna start up late this year due to the weather. Few fish but the same catches as through the winter. Though Ive never been there I hear guys fish manitoulin and some fisheries guys I know have done work on rainbow there.
Yes that thessalon has always looked mighty steelheady when Ive driven by it on my way up to Superior. One of these days Ill have to stop and fish it. I cant remember does the Boland flow into it? Edited by Musky or Specks