Breathable Waders

FLEX ROD

Help please, for many years I have used my neopreme hips from Cabelas, well they are on their last legg.

So it is time to replace, all that I am hearing is that the breathable is the way to go, so I need help is this what you recomend?

I also have the issue, that my foot has been fused due to a nasty car accident so my range is not the greatest, I have neopreme chests can't get my foot into, I tried the stocking breathables and I was okay as the are FLEXable so the foot went in.

What is the take on breathables and what brand do you recomend? Yes $ is always an issue.

Thanks,

FLEX

In my opinion, what you pay for is what you get.

Get a $100 pair of waders and they may last you a season, depending on the use. Get a premium pair and they'll last you for several seasons. I'd go with Simms or Patagonia, Orvis makes a great pair of waders also. I remember $600 for my gortex guide model simms back in 1999, but I think the same pair of waders are around $300 now. My last pair laster for about 5 years, and I pul them through hell! Interestingly enough, I gave the old pair to my brother-in-law, who promptly sent them in to Simms and got a brand new pair for $100!! Mind you, the inner layer had seperated from the shell, which has a lifetime warranty apparently..

Happy shopping!

HD

In my opinion, what you pay for is what you get.

Get a $100 pair of waders and they may last you a season, depending on the use. Get a premium pair and they'll last you for several seasons. I'd go with Simms or Patagonia, Orvis makes a great pair of waders also. I remember $600 for my gortex guide model simms back in 1999, but I think the same pair of waders are around $300 now. My last pair laster for about 5 years, and I pul them through hell! Interestingly enough, I gave the old pair to my brother-in-law, who promptly sent them in to Simms and got a brand new pair for $100!! Mind you, the inner layer had seperated from the shell, which has a lifetime warranty apparently..

Happy shopping!

HD

HD said it best.......you get what you pay for....all breathables only last so long so don't go cheap if you are gonna get breathables.....or you will end up with wet feet and countless times back to the tackle shop to return them...not to mention lost fishing time