April 12/08

brandon

Got my butt outta bed at 5 this morning and drove to Boundary Bay again for some sunrise pictures......not so much of the sunrise itself, but more of things with the awesome sunrise lighting.

Here is the sun rising above the mountains of Washington State.....Mt. Maker is to the right of the photo and wasn't looking as good as I was hoping so I left it alone today....

010editwebsite.jpg

Next I came across a male Northern Harrier hanging out above what I think is where the nest is located

083editwebsite-1.jpg

As I continued on my walk I spotted a large bird in a tree.....here's 2 shots of it

132editcroppedwebsite.jpg

152editcroppedwebsite.jpg

After photographing that eagle I turned and headed back towards the parking lot and came across this little guy....it's a Marsh Wren

290editcroppedwebsite.jpg

307editcroppedwebsite.jpg

And just before I reached the parking lot I saw another Eagle in a tree....this time it was a Juvenile Bald Eagle.......here are 2 shots

355editcroppedwebsite.jpg

382editcroppedwebsite.jpg

I drove back home and my roommate wanted to take advantage of the beautiful day so we headed up the coast to Squamish for some Bouldering......I didn't take many pics of that but on the way back we stopped at Shannon Falls.....

this is just a picture from the lookout

564editwebsite.jpg

If you've ever been to Shannon Falls you know how large it is and that first picture doesn't quite illustrate that too well....so for this one I included 2 people in the lower left side of the photo

569editwebsite.jpg

And finally just a picture of a family looking at the falls and my roommate taking some pictures

578editwebsite.jpg

That's the Bald eagle pics I'm still waiting to capture, Awesome.

Shannon Falls, even with the people in the pic, it still doesn't catch the whole concept of how big they really are. I took some pics from across, further away and the part of the falls you get pics of from the site location are just the last 1/4 of the falls. I think the sign said around 1105 feet, third highest in B.C. Bought myself a spring coat in Squamish.

ya Deano the falls are just massive.....you really have to see them to understand the size.....I was looking for a trail to get to the top but the only way would be to Hike up the Chief in Squamish then take a trail south to the shannon river and bushwhack your way to the top......It would probably take a day or 2 to hike but man would it make for some good pictures

Hey Brandon. I haven't been around here in a while, but seeing your photos is like a breath of fresh air. You know that I don't even have to tell you what I think of these shots. :thumbsup_anim:

My photography sessions seem to go in spurts. I'll not touch the camera for a couple of months and then one day I'll just pick it up and go non stop for a month or so. I feel one of these sessions coming soon.

Thanks for posting Bud..

Wow! Brandon the second shot of the Marsh Wren is AMAZING!!!!! what an angle!!!! any birder would Love that shot...again a BIG thanks for posting your great pics...I always get excitied when I see new ones... :Gonefishing: Fisher Girl