New Kayak

Pinch

yes there is just about any boat launch on the bay of quinte,or west lake ,or the murry canal,or the lake on the mountain picton,the list never ends go to mapquest and map out the area find all the access points and you are all set,just remember SAFETY FIRST,good luck and try that baby out before the ice comes,well lets hope it comes ...cheers :thumbsup_anim:

Congrats on the new fishing machine Pinch. I see it's a Hobie, has it got the Mirage drive system (pedals), or is it a paddle power only? Where did you get it? How much? I've been checking out the Hobie Outback with the Mirage drive on line. I like the idea of powering it by feet, leaving my hands free for fishing.

Congrats on the new fishing machine Pinch. I see it's a Hobie, has it got the Mirage drive system (pedals), or is it a paddle power only? Where did you get it? How much? I've been checking out the Hobie Outback with the Mirage drive on line. I like the idea of powering it by feet, leaving my hands free for fishing.

I got the one with the mirage drive. It's the 2006 Adventure. I got a great deal on it from Fogh Marine. $1800 plus tax instead of $2300. The mirage drive is what made me buy it. Much easier to pedal and fish than to paddle and fish. I hope to get out in it on Wednesday providing the weather is ok. Ill take a few pics and let you know how it goes!

Where is Fogh Marine? There is an Adventure Guide store in Waterloo but the prices are crazy high.

Fogh is just off the 401 between Islington and Kipling, in Toronto.

The website is www.foghmarine.com.

Thanks Pinch.

If you are looking for ideas for rigging your yak for fishing, try out this forum from Kayak Fishing Stuff in the U.S. It has forums for owners of different yaks, Do-it-Yourself forums & site specific fishing reports.

http://kfs.infopop.cc/groupee/forums

There are 8047 registered members. I think OFC is approaching 1000. Good people and very helpful info on all types of kayak fishing. A very large and devout following of Hobie Mirage drive kayak owners.

060665.jpg

Edited by jediangler

Thanks Jedi,

I've been looking at that forum for a while. There's some pretty good stuff in there.

I got out today for a quick spin around the Trent River. The weather was great, but the current was prety strong.

kayak_first_outing.jpg