Gagnon sale

forrest

So I went to Gagnon's sale today. By 9:10 the parking lot was packed! Most stuff is on the website.

Picked up a couple of drift socks, I only saw 2 of the advertised 4 sizes and I have to go back for the bouys, luckily I live close. At $45 I cannot complain.

Power Pro line was $10.99 for 150yrds (10, 15, 20, 30 and 50lb I think. no 6lb).

There were lots of those canoing water-proof bags (15$ for the small ones, I think it was $75 for the monster size)

A buddy picked up a rod, some line and a Frogg Trogg rainsuit for $45, "regular price $89" or something. He told me it actually retails for $55.

The self inflating mattresses for $29 are about twice as thick as a comparable therma-rest mattress. I saw lots of people buying those.

Its hard to tell if something is a good deal there unless you know what your buying and I do not think it would be worth it to travel very far unless you knew what you were going to buy.

The sale certainly brought people in but most were there just for sale items, when the other items are priced noticeably higher than the competition why buy anything but "sale" items?

There were things I just didn't need so I did not bother. Anyone else have a take on the sale?

forrest