Gardiner air which flies into Kesagami now True North(new owner)

scuro

For any of you who have ever had the unforgettable experience of flying with Ron Barron of Gardiner air, he has sold his business. Ron was a stickler for details and everything had to be done a certain way. Although it felt like you were in boot camp when you flew with him, you knew that everything was in tip top shape. Unfortunately Ron had a heart attack this year and had to sell his business. I was kind of hoping to get one last flight in with him.

The jewel of that outfit is the Partridge Lake/Kesagami outpost. We flew into there about 5 years ago and were not disappointed. The camp is on Partridge lake and you have to walk 5 minutes to get to Kesagami where he has a stash of boats. On the downside: you lose some time doing this, you can't access the whole lake, and there is no pampering like at Kesagami Wilderness Lodge. On the other hand it is an awesome lake. For those looking to do a fly-in for the first time, this is a fine lake to start with, especially when money is a major consideration.

Maurice Robin, who is now the owner, gave me a call tonight. He sounds like a good guy. Check out his website.

http://www.truenorthairservice.com/

and the Kesagami package http://www.truenorthairservice.com/MoreInf...tionFishing.htm

The outpost

P1010055.jpg

Lake Kesagami at the boat cache.

P1010045.jpg

Edited by scuro

Sorry to hear about Rons heart issues. I didnt mind Ron at all, he is a tough old dude. I wonder if he went to the hospital or just gave his heart a stern lecture about not working properly....

SAd to hear ,once you got used to his RULES he was a great guy . I was used to flights were I would sit on beer cases and such and than we went in Rons plane and it was seat belts on etc. etc. everything had to be packed in just the right way . I guess safety is important . Was hopeing to get up there in the fall been a few years and I almost got the wife to agree , will check out the new guy hope hes not changeing anything . Thanks for the info

Maurice bought the whole business up, so he has the same outposts. From first glance the prices look to be just as reasonable as before.

I'll never forget Ron when he came in on his mid-weak check-up flight and one of our party, without thinking or after too much drink, had embedded a small hatchet into the picnic table for it's resting place. We got about 3 minutes of straight cussing for that one before he would even calm down enough talk in a reasonable fashion. When we talk about that trip, stories about Ron...like the one just mentioned always get into the mix of our discussion. ;)

Edited by scuro

Sadly a few friends missed out on the opp to take that business over. Never met Ron but from what I've heard he was how you've described him. Any Kesagami access is good Kesagami access. Must be hard for him to have to sell and give up that life.

Thanks for the update Chris.