Any maps please

gtmeir

Me Friends and i are going to Percy Lake this summer. I would like to now if any one out there has gone to Percy Lake, or have maps of the lake,or fished there in the summer time, if so were the best place in the lake to go? [ by the way, the lake is north of Nakina off Hwy 11] This is My first fly-in, so i realy hope for feedback guys.

I think its this one, SE of Melchett Lake, north of Aroland First Nation

Percy_Lake.jpg.

Its about 11.5 km long, and 1.5 km wide at best. I would check out the 2 rivers entering the lake at the west and south west end, looks like there can be a small falls on them, or rapids with pools, watch the prop. And the river out the east end has a falls almost twice the length of the lake downstream, ask the operators about that also. It is called Betty Falls, with another one about a kilometer further called Canyon Falls.

At least thats what my GPS map software says.

Cannot offer you any more, never been there, and like Wayne (Irishfield) said, ask the operators to fax you, or e-mail you a map of the lake. They may not want to send you a hydrographic one though, but may give you one once you get there.

And I agree with twilight, it was easy on the eyes, time to visit the optometrist, :thumbsup_anim:

I think that Gary reallys wants is info about the fishing at that particular lake. Yes, eyeballing a map of the lake does give a bit of info as to where to go first but I doubt that anyone will give away any "hot spots" on that particular body of water or any other body of water for that matter.

Gary, I think you should invest in a decent GPS unit with topo software installed in the GPS. With a GPS, you will even be able to see at what speed, altitude, distance, bearing etc etc you are flying when you are going to the lake. Once at the lake, you can save your own hot spots and add info like depth etc to each waypoint. Then, when you get back home, you can store all this info in your PC until the next time you go to that particular lake. You can even send all this info to special fishing buddies.

With a GPS, you can even check out sun-up and sun-down plus the moon cycles for that particular lake for the date you are planning to go there.