Cannon MAG 10 HS question

icefisherman

Just installed my two new Mag 10 HS riggers.

They look nice and retrieve very fast on tests done on my driveway :wallbash::Gonefishing:

But how exactly does the autostop at the water level works and can I test that option while on the driveway (short of building a small lake there;-)

I've read the manual but not very clear on those electrical details.

Maybe someone owns them (I know Wayne does) and have tested the same and know the answer.

Thanks.

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

I've promised pictures and they are coming....may even post some later today....

I've got them all assembled with the plastic link, clip is closed...all by the book.

And they go up (super fast) down not so fast but this is how it suppose to be....

But...it says they have to auto stop at water level....right now on my driveway not having any water (just snow;-) when I push the button up they fly up but don't seem to stop at all...it I keep my finger on the button the clip will hit the pulley...

Also I was thinking I should be able to push the button and leave it go do something else while the rigger brings the ball up....it seems my only goes up when I keep my finger on the button....take my finger off...and it stops....

So....would like to clear those small technical issues/....maybe I am not doing something right or I simply need WATER...lot of it too ;-))

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Works for my same cannon riggers. Steelhedrmatt asked me yesterday how they stop I said "not sure they just do". I can't believe all riggers don't come equip with auto stop. If you are in a hurry to get them down( Like me) use the clutch(Star shaped knob) and free fall it to whatever depths you wish.

Guys I am sure they work as they are brand new and after tons of research I found them to be very well regarded.

When bringing them up.......do you have to keep your finger on the down button, or you just touch it once and leave it, and the ball continue going up and auto stops at the water level?

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Guys I am sure they work as they are brand new and after tons of research I found them to be very well regarded.

When bringing them up.......do you have to keep your finger on the down button, or you just touch it once and leave it, and the ball continue going up and auto stops at the water level?

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Correct. Like I said thought to lower it you have to keep your finger at the switch. Instead I just loosen the clutch and down she goes.