Playoff pool ( NF )

bucktail

Aside from the comments based towards PuckHead, I do have to agree with him about the Leafs.

They rely on Sundin way too much. As good of a player as he is, he is WAY past his prime, and they need some new (young) talent to step up.

What they need to do:

1) Get rid of that useless twit Bryan McCabe. Talk about the biggest waste of money in the NHL. Not to mention the biggest panzy in the league as well.

2) Use their draft picks for once, instead of trading them away for goalies.

3) Choose a goalie, and get rid of the other to free up room for a young goalie to come up (Pogge), and free up salary cap space to sign someone decent up front.

4) Get rid of Kubina, unless you think taking 248 penalties per game is a good idea.

5) Sign some GOOD UFA's this summer. They missed out last year for Briere.

I couldn't agree more... Got to admit it was satisfying watching McCrap taking a pounding last night...

HAHAHAH, yes, yes it was!

Turtles for the first 10 seconds, then the refs jump in...and OH BOY..he wants to fight now. (Typical McCabe)

I guess he didnt think the refs would let them go..but they did, and he got pounded, hahahaha.

Hey look at the good side...he didnt run into the net, or score on his own net last night!

And for the Ottawa fans please don`t scream too loud you have a guy on your team that is one of the worst offenders in the league who loves to run around and deliver the same type of hits and I seem to recall he KO`d a Boston player last week with the same type of hit and his cheap shot on Drury last year, of course I am talking about that punk Chris Neil.

Exactamundo! lol

and until the league bans head shots it will continue

Right on the mark!

Until the league gets it's act together, the players will have to do the policing....

Quick Recall

1. Questionable Hit

2. Marginal Player

3. Headshot

4. Superstar target

Hmmm.....why does the name Steve Moore come to mind?

DETROIT will always look good on paper..but they arent too great playoff wise lately.

ANAHIEM is going to come out on top of the west...maybe not because they are the most talented team...but because playoff is a different game and they have the grit to grind out every game.

the east is hard to call...too many teams close.

YEAH YOUR RIGHT MARK BELL IS A SAINT.DRUNK DRIVING CHARGE AND A RAPE CHARGE WHEN HE PLAYED FOR THE 67'S.FIVE GUYS GANG RAPED A GIRL AT A PARTY..... FITS RIGHT IN WITH THE TORONTO HISTORY(HAROLD BALLARD INCIDENT IN MAPLE LEAFS GARDEN !!!!!!!) HOW SOON WE FORGET.OTTAWA WILL STIL GO ON A RUN IN THE PLAYOFFS.ONCE AGAIN NO CLASS LEAF FANS :blahblah1::blahblah1::blahblah1:

anyone else think the Leafs should be embarrased after last nights display ? No class in Toronto when you cheer a dirty hit on a good player.Just proved to me the mentality in Toronto.Who cares about winning all that matters is hurting stars.Nice move on Tuckers part as well saying he was going to take out Heatley's knee.Enjoy the golf course SCRUBS !!!

Sorry I can not resist. This opinion is based on experience not a fan based opinion. I played Tier II Junior A and have a few friends in the NHL and the AHL.

Bell's hit was by no means dirty at all. He did absolutely nothing wrong. He did not leave his feet, his elbows were tucked in and he did not lunge. He actually dug his feet in and braced if you watch it again.

Alfredson should not have been admiring his pass and should have been aware that he was in the high slot with only 3 blue jerseys in front of him. It is his responsibility to be aware.

I have hit a lot of guys the same way, and have been hit the exact same way. Never once a dirty hit on me or from me. Its part of the game.

I know people are going to cry head shots, but it wasnt a head shot at all. Because he hit his head, does not make it a head shot. By the book: A head shot is a deliberate motion/intent to go out of one's way to hit his head, not complete the check.

I am not a fan of Bell at all, but this was a very clean solid hit.

Sorry guys, talk to the players across the NHL, other then Ottawa, most guys would agree.

Remember, its an opinion, to each his own, just my two cents.

I'm a huge Sens fan and have no problems with the hit. It was clean and within the current rules. Yes it was a head shot. Yes it was from the blind side but the league has ddemed this type of hit, intentional shoulder to head, as legal.What I do have a problem with is Bell is also the player who took out Fisher hitting him knee-on-knee away from the play, along the boards as both players were going for a line change. Then later in the game he took out Redden's feet on an icing call and sent him into the boards.

The guy is a 4th line plug who spent the game running players and throwing cheap shots knowing he wouldn't have to back it up because of the cage. Then again, no one should be surprised since he has a history of hitting from behind and running away from the scene.

Hey muskymike let me explain something to you.You must have sat on the bench when you played because if you think that was a clean hit you need your head checked.Not only did he intend to injury Alfredsson he tried to take out Fishers knee and after watching TSN slow it down and actually show the hit for what it was you can see that he tried to take out his knee.I blew my ACL on a hit like that when I played Junior and it wrecked my career.I played on the same line as Marc Savard in junior so I will let you figure out where I played.So as a player MYSELF that was a dirty hit no respect from a guy WEARING A BIRD CAGE NO GUTS.Obviously an ignorant Leaf fan so keep your comments to yourself and enjoy the golf .I will say this though you have a small point when you say he shouldn't have been watching his pass but Bell came from behind him and it was an OBVIOUS ELBOW GET A GRIP!! :asshat:

what a flawed system, when in one game a team can be out of the playoffs to 3rd in the conference, or 3rd in the conference to out of the playoffs,

but that's a whole new discussion

i'm pullin fir washington on that one

as it sits montreal would play ottawa

hopefully the leafs don't "try" and injure my habs tonight :jerry:

GO HABS GO

I love how we all get so ticked off when it comes to controversial hockey incidents!! It's like this on every site I go to hahaha. Oh, can I say ticked?? They say it on cable, don't see why not. HAHAHA I wrote p*issed and it censored it to ticked, censorship at its best WOW!!!!

Edited by Maverick