Fig Rig Muskie Rods?

Sebastian

Been looking at Fig Rig rods for a while now and plan to buy a longer muskie rod in the 7'6-8' range soon. I want something for bucktails. I've limited it down to St.Croix(Avid or Premier) & Fig Rig. Want to find out some honest opinions on the Fig Rig. It feels very light but I`m not too sure on strength. Can anyone help me out?

Hey Seb

I bought a Fig Rig Tooth Tamer from JB's a few years ago. Just love it.

7'6" 25-80lb - use it as a jerk bait rod, top water and has in a pinch worked out for bucktails but it is a little stiff

Very light and fits up with a Abu6500 or Shimano 400 series nicely.

I'm always looking for something different and everyone I know had St. Croix's

Looking at another one this year but for bucktails

Thanks Fang. I like them too but just want to make sure because i've read mixed reviews online. One guy wrote an article about breaking 4/8 fig rig rods but other than that i hear they're great. Breaking that many rods most likely means he's doing something wrong. I think i'll most likely pick one up soon.

As for reels you're right. Cant go wrong with a 401 Calcutta. I spend lots of time (and money) at JB's and played with everything in there. Thats where i got the whole Fig Rig rod craving.

Thanks

Sebastian

sounds like deja vu to me

You'll be happy with the rod

I'm looking at the 20-50 now 7'10 but I tell ya I have no place for these 1 peice rods that are longer than 7'. My War Room at home here where I store my fishing anf hunting stuff has a low ceiling