Baitcaster!

bassmaster4

This upcoming weekend i will be going to Bass Pro Shops and I want to buy a Baitcaster combo in the price range of 50-150 dollars (2 piece preferably). I will be using it for bass, pike and walleye fishing (jigging, casting and retrieving etc.). I would also like a reccomendation on what action to use for my type of fishing I am only familiar with spinning combos and am looking to expand my horizons. LOL

Thanks in advance...

BASSMASTER4

Reel: Shimano Cruxis... $120.... I bought one of these reels 3 years ago, then one again 2 years ago, and another one this past year. Their all still going strong and Im really impressed with them, for this price range I think its a really good choice.

Rod: Bass Pro Shops Graphite Series... $30

nothing fancy but it gets the job done and their really durable.

BPS has a sale right now on some combos. Check out there website and view the flyer for Vaughn Mills.

One of the deals is if you purchase the BPS Extreme Baitcast reel for $79.99 you get a free BPS Extreme rod. When i was there this weekend the rod was 6'6" med. fast action. If this your first time using baitcasting, this would be a good setup to learn on. Just remember to spool it with cheaper mono when learining. Mono is a lot cheaper to get rid when you get a backlash.

Here's the link to the current flyer. There's also an Abu Garcia Baitcast combo with a bionic blade rode for $169.99

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/s...1&langId=-1

If I were you I'd check the classifieds here. Mark Kulik just put a bunch of goodies for sale a couple days ago. You could probably get a really nice combo for $150 if you grab a rod and reel used from there. I just looked and there is a lefty Curado that smallifisher has for sale for $90. If you're a lefty I'd grab that! If not keep you're eye on it,some good deals go through there on a regular basis.

I got the April issue of Bass Master Magazine today. In it is an article about lower priced reels that are of good quality. Under baitcaster's they list the 2007 Daiwa Exceler @ $69.99US, model EXC100H, as a best buy. The Exceler reel is available through Cabelas at that price or as part of a Combo with a Fish Eagle II rod for $129.98US. I don't know who makes the Fish Eagle rods, but they look good

If you want one of these reels or the combo, PM me and I will pick it up at Cabelas in Phoenix when I am heading home in two or three weeks.

I also checked the new Bass Pro catalog and I don't find the Exceler model listed. I did find another reel they mentioned in the article, it comes with many of the same features, at $59.99US called a Team Daiwa "Megaforce" with Twitchin'Bar...model MF100TSH. The Megaforce is available in a Combo from BPS with a Bionic Blade rod for $109.94US. You should be able to get the combo in Canada for around the same price...If not PM me.