My New Matzuo Reel

nancur373

Hey guys. I just bought a new spinning reel at Canadian Tire. It's a Matzuo America MT2840. I never used one of these before but it was on sale for 29.99. Reg. price 59.99. It has 8 ball bearings and a drilled aluminum spool. Anyone have any experience with these. I'm just a once a month fisherman for pike and pickeral and the odd bass and wondewring if this will last me a while. Thanks guys.

Edited by nancur373

I don't know anything about that peticular reel but I will say one thing; the lower budget reels of today are arguably better than anything produced 10-15 years ago when we were paying hundreds of dollars for one. It will undoubtedly give you years of service.

-Brian

Edited by SlowPoke

I can't wait to try it. I'm going to use Trilene XL Smooth Casting 8lb. I just moved up here from Newfoundland last year so my little trout rod was insufficient but it did bring in my first pike at 28 inches then the reel took a dump. I'm hoping for 20 degrees all week.

I hope you have a better experiance with it than i did.I was fighting a fish and somthing broke in the spool ,so i emailed them never got a reply.After waitng a month or so i went to ct asked the guy in the sports area how to get a hold of them and he just sent me to a guy that repairs reels.Also when i emaled them i made it clear i did not want something for free i was willing to pay for a new spool. Now i will not buy anything that says matzuo on it.

I hope you have a better experiance with it than i did.I was fighting a fish and somthing broke in the spool ,so i emailed them never got a reply.After waitng a month or so i went to ct asked the guy in the sports area how to get a hold of them and he just sent me to a guy that repairs reels.Also when i emaled them i made it clear i did not want something for free i was willing to pay for a new spool. Now i will not buy anything that says matzuo on it.

Hey Jeremy - here's the link to their website. Click on customer service at the bottom of the home page:

http://www.matzuo.com/

It also has the company 1-800 number

Don

Edited by Tracker

when i click on the customer service link it tells me to update my tool bar for some reason.

That is interesting...I clicked on the customer service link, it took a minute but it did come up as an email link. When clicking the buy wholesale link it comes up instantly as a new page. Guess selling might be a tad more important than giving a description of what their service is about. But at least I did get something other than a toolbar popup.

Have fun with your new reel and remember, pictures! :thumbsup_anim:

8lbs XL should be okay , but what kind of rod are you putting this on that it won't fit. Base of spinning reels are pretty standard.

Not sure about Matzuo though, I would pay a bit more and get a known name first.

Edited by wallyboss