a few from today

brandon

as the sun was getting low tonight I headed once again to lighthouse park in west vancouver.......I've been there at least 10 times now so finding new ways of shooting the lighthouse is getting to be more and more of a challenge. anyways here are 3 shots of the lighthouse

062_3_4_tonemappedwebsite-1.jpg

138_9_tonemappedwebsite.jpg

this one is my favourite of the night

189_90_tonemappededitwebsite.jpg

and on my way back to the parking lot, which was quite a long walk in the dark (won't forget my flashlight again), i heard/faintly saw something coming towards me and land in a tree just off to my left.....'twas a barred owl.....oh and when i say tree just of to my left, i mean right there.....these two pictures were taken with my 18-55mm lens

201editwebsite.jpg

202editwebsite.jpg

freaky eyes eh?

enjoy

Great shots Brandon, love the owl ones. It's funny how sometimes these great photo ops just pop up unexpectedly. Even more so when you don't bring a camera. I've been wanting to get an eagle perched in a tree shot, and 2 weeks ago, when I least expected it, I came across a Bald Eagle in a tree, but unfortunately I didn't have my camera.

thanks guys.......and deano......i had a similar experience earlier in the week. I was on my way to my first job and there was a bald eagle perched on the cross of a church with the sun rising behind it.......but of course no camera.....would have made a cool looking silhouette