Greenwater Lake trip

tjsa

Haven't been to this part of this lake for quite some years, but brought back memories of long past. Was quite a bumpy ride down though, the moguls(wind-drifts) were 2 ft. high at times, and hard as rock it seemed.

Holes drilled, couple of set lines in, and the jigging starts.

Mike hard at it:

IMG_1527.JPG

Gord, changing presentations yet again, had some follows but nothing would commit to them:

IMG_1528.JPG

Forgot how darned big this lake is:

IMG_1529.JPG

Full zoom, 10X, another angler south of us:

IMG_1530.JPG

The shoreline we last fished about 15 yrs. ago, maybe more, the SE shoreline.

IMG_1531.JPG

One of the moguls in between me and my bud's sled, it was almost 3 ft. high, pic does not do it justice.

IMG_1532.JPG

Wind shaped snow on the lake.

IMG_1538.JPG

IMG_1539.JPG

Again, pic does not do it justice, both of those had troughs almost 2 ft. deep.

Shoreline pic, I guess when the ice was forming, and when the winds were up, ice falls off of the cedars.

It was in the shadow of the sun, so the pic is a bit blueish.

IMG_1540.JPG

Oh, fish pictures, have some.

Mike's 2nd one, first was released, a small one. This one is a keeper, and has been tagged, info on its way to the MNR.

IMG_1533.JPG

IMG_1536.JPG

IMG_1537.JPG

Oh yeah, I gots a couple also, photo taken after landing them, caught 15 min. apart nears about 2:15-2:30 pm, lost 3 earlier in the day, 2 on the set line, one jigging.

IMG_1541.JPG

We had a couple of guys who were just out bombing around on their machines come up to us from the south end, and in the time we were talking to them, thats when I landed my 2 fish. Our other bud had gone off to check out some holes other anglers north of us had been fishing, then left, and he landed 2 also.

Almost all the fish came out of 60-65 ft. of water for us this day, the ones our bud landed north of us were in almost 90 ft. of water.

Hope you enjoyed the report.

Tom

Wow -- nice fish pics -- and the shot of the ice underneath the cedars is amazing! I had a day out on the ice last year that had us catching fish every time we fired up the sleds and ran them around a bit....I wonder if there's something to that....