Looking For A Flyin Fishing Spot

Guest kitchener boy

Guest kitchener boy

hi gang, its kitchenerboy again. a couple weeks ago, asked about gear for fishing. well my outfitter i had booked, LONG POINT AIRWAYS closed shop and cancelled my trip. boooo. now am asking for help finding another good outfitter. if anyone can suggest someone,it would be appreciated. hope you all had a super christmas and wishing you all a great 2007. kitchenerboy

I am straight east of you over in Michigan. We fish NW Ontario. We drive in and go to remote lakes via quads and canoes or small boats and go to one lake where we take an 18 footer and go up a river intro a very nice lake.

Some of the trips are over 1000 miles one way but where can a person see such beautiful country soooo always love and enjoy the driving.

Fishing north of the village of Pickle Lake also.

In over 15 years of fishing up in Ontario we have never seen another fisherman on any of the water we fish and we go 3-6 times per year. For a quick weekend trip we go into Missanabie da village and fish remote water that we use quads to pull the canoe.

Those fly in lakes have a group every week. it takes some time but the locals become friends and they will share good water if they trust you--not saying they share the very best but would never expect and or ask for that. We are C-R NEVER bring fish home and just eat a few while camping.

We feel that the water we fish is way less fished than many fly-ins. It takes work and time but that is part of the adventure for us who do that.

We are 200 miles south of the SOO so it is a quick trip into the start of GOD'S country.

Thank you neighbors to the north for sharing your great country with us. We are very particular as to how we leave the land and water we fish--nothing stays behind.

Started to fish less remote water last fall--McKay Lake. Never saw anyone there but it is easy to get to and know others fish it in the summer. It is south and east of Long Lac.

A lot of water to fish if you take the time to look and put in the time.

I'm with GaryV and will throw Leuenbergers name out there. I have been using them for the last 6 years now and will continue for a long time into the future. Great fishing and great value for the dollar. I've had 18 fly-ins over the years and you can't beat them.

They are in the middle of upgrading there website now so it might be slow and incomplete. If I can help with any questions about them feel free to pm me.

Mike