Boat Insurance

fishnsled

My present policy is coming up for renewal and I'm looking to find some company that will allow 12 months usage. Right now I have to be "dry docked" from Dec 1 to April 1. If winters continue to be like this one it won't be a big deal to stay where I am. Before I lock in for another year I'd just like to explore my options.

Thanks!

I'm with Wawanesa for my boat and it is year round coverage. I didn't even know there was a black out date with policies? I know of people that take the insurance off for the winter, but I am not one of them. Makes it easy when I could still get on the water in January.

Insurance is still on.. just aren't supposed to be on the water. You can have this waved, for a fee, on your policy Will, just ask for a quote ! Don't imagine it's a big hit, might even be free.. fear is improper winterization etc when using it during the freezing periods. Should be able to ammend your policy for the extra period that you want.. say the 15 days in December for Muskie.. or the Month of March if you've got the itch... or all winter if you do the Niagara.

Thanks for the tips everyone. I had asked about extending the coverage last year and the reply was that the boat must be dry docked during that time. I'll ask again before I look at jumping ship. :rolleyes: I will all contact those other companies mentioned and see what the rates are like when compared to what I have now. Thanks again!