A good time for Pike?

Anton, I dont know how this thread is going to help you. I just re-read the whole thing and there is such a variance in opinions.

Good Luck either way though.

I guess you are right MuskyMike, as somone told me... a good fishing is learned by trial and error.. I have read all the comments above, most are very helpfull, the guys here are awsome, such a know how.... thanks guys!

i fished frenchmans last sunday afternoon by for a couple of hours. got skunked, there is still LOTS of ice there. people still icefishing and kiteboarding on the ice. i was planning on taking the kayak there next weekend, but with all the ice, it dosent look like it will be boatable until may.

i fished frenchmans last sunday afternoon for a couple of hours. got skunked, there is still LOTS of ice there. people still icefishing and kiteboarding on the ice. i was planning on taking the kayak there next weekend, but with all the ice, it dosent look like it will be boatable until may.

I've found that after ice out and in early Spring, Pike are better biters mid day when the water warms up a bit and then right till dark. Won't be able to find out this year though when Division 16 closes at the end of the month and reopens May 10'th. :blink:

When the water is warmer in late Spring they are opportunistic feeders and will feed anytime during the day. They can be a lazy fish sometimes and not venture very far and lots of times will just keep following a lure right to your feet. With warmer water especially in late Summer, they won't feed as much, being more comfortable in cooler water. The bite turns back on again in the Fall when the water cools down.

:Gonefishing:

Edited by rockfish