Has this ever happened to you? (NF)

Clampet

While on a trip up North, I stopped at a rest area, as nature was calling.

I was barely sitting down when I heard a voice from the other stall saying:

"Hi how are you?"

I'm not the type to start a conversation in the Men's restroom at a rest stop but, I don't know what got in to me, so I answered, somewhat ambarrassedly: "Doin' just fine"!

And the other guy says: "So what are you up to?"

(What kind of question is that?)

At that point, I'm thinking this is too bizzare, so I say:

"Huh", I'm like you, just traveling North".

At this point I am just trying to get out as fast as I can when I hear another question:

"Can I come over to your place after a while?"

Ok, this question is just whacky, but I figured I could just be polite and end the conversation as quickly as I could as I was now beginning to feel very uneasy.

I tell him, "Well I have company over so today is a bad day for me!"

Then I hear the guy say:

"Listen I have to call you back, there's an idiot in the other stall who keeps answering my questions".

Im sitting on the can, Germany at the Kaserne (Canadian Forces Shopping Centre) when I hear this voice getting louder and louder as he entered the bathroom. All he kept repeating was YES DEAR, NO Dear, YES DEAR, NO DEAR. Then he faded away as he left. I thought to myself, Wow someone here is a head case. So I finished up and rejoined my wife at the shopping centre when we got caught up at a commotion just as we entered the store. Here was this guy, with the same voice and loud, telling all the shoppers, that his wife was buying up the whole store and for them to hurry other wise there will be nothing left to buy. I shook my head and told my wife that he had some issues. The next day I'm at my first Role Call and then was introduced to my Sgt, and you guessed it, same nut bar.

• 2 weeks later...