Good to see...

troutologist

It's good to see they caught him, and fined him, but how effective is that? He still hasn't paid an earlier fine, nothing to stop him from buying more equipment and continuing to fish....guys like this just don't care and have no regard for our resources, if anything it should be pay the fine or spend a couple of days in jail...

Maureen

Edited by motv8tr

A little background....the place they caught him trespassing is gotta be the dumbest place to go. Walk down a trainbridge sometimes into the US and climb down to the bottom via rope. The number of people that do this is huge, I was more excited that authorities were out checking this spot as its usually a free for all especially during salmon snagging err spawning run

It is good that he got caught, fined and banned. The thing that I worry about it was that he got caught trespassing, which lead to the other charges the way the article reads. All that tells the guy is don't tresspass or stand out and he can probably go right back to fishing. I hope the CO's in his area keep an eye for him and his car near any place remotely fishable, because I don't think he will stop just because he has been "banned".