Fish finder problems.....

Sinker

Ok, so my graph has been causing me grief so far this winter. I use the same one on the boat with no probs whatsoever......deep or shallow makes no difference......in fact on the boat I can mark bottom at WOT(30MPH) up to about 40 ft, then I lose bottom, and have to slow down a little to keep contact...

If i'm fishing less than say 60 ft thru the ice it seems to be working fine, but after that I can't mark a depth......it shows me bottom on the graph, but no depth......any ideas???

The transducer is brand new, never used until I set it up for icefishing.....exact same as the one on the boat. I have it set level in the hole...below the ice.....I can't figure why its not picking up bottom.....

I've played with the sensitivity, greyscale and ping speed.....etc....to no avail when its over 60ft.....

This is a Lowrance X-96.

Thoughts??

Sinker

well it sounds like you have tried all the regular stuff

you might want to turn off filters..surface clarity and noise rejection off

oh....do you have it on auto depth..it needs to know where the bottom is

thats all I can think of right now

Haven't tried the surface clarity or noise rejection....I'll try that......but I always have the depth range set manually.

Doesn't make sense to me......why would it work in one hole where its 63 ft, but not in another where its 75......not 20 yds away. It was really frustrating to say the least. I spent more time dang around with the graph than I did fishing.

Sinker