~~~Haliburton Area

oldphart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~~~Well Slug and I headed out today again to try and get some Whities and Trout, up in the Haliburton area, left my place at 4:00, hopping to get up there for a early morning Walleye bite, but with the Snow, and heavy fog we slowed it down, and were setting line by 7:00, sure enough the bites on for Slug, he had 5 phish on and lost each one, he seems a little lost as to why

100_0543.jpg

There was one it won't budge off the bottom, his rod was bent right over, and I thought he was going to snap it, but the phish felt sorry for him and let go of his hook keeping the minnow, he had another big one and sure enough it got off and all he had to show was one very large Whitie scale.

My self I had one light pick up, and when I set the hook, I got two turns of the reel and it was gone. Got baited up again, when one of the local, arrive to phish for a while, as we talked for a while, he told us of one he lost during the week, at the hole, says it was a very large Trout, and when he tried to gaff it the hook snapped on him. As we were talking I noticed my left rod waving in the air, looked to the right and just gabbed my right rod just before, it went down the hole, thought it was a biggie, line was peeling out, and it wasn't coming in, then I realized, my drag was too loose, so I tighten it up and put this sweet 161/4" on ice

100_0542.jpg

100_0544.jpg

Not to be out done by us visitors, our old buddy, Warren, lands this feisty fella

100_0545.jpg

That seem to be it for us, I had 2 more hits during the day, marked bait phish up and down the water columns, marked other phish either on bottom or just off, but the bite was off, by 9:30 nothing more all day