Temagami + Tamar vacations

Rustic-Fisher

Well just got back a few days ago from Tamar vacations. The trip was a great. The guys at Tamar run a great operation and keep a great camp. All his cottages are heated by wood stoves giving you the extra rustic feeling while still having electricity and most of the amenities from home (even a couple dogs that roam the camp)

The fishing proved to be fantastic on our first day just before the front came through whites were hitting good and the out of season lakers almost became a pain in the neck some times. (Where are they after opener LOL.) Whites were caught on buckshot’s and minnow chunks as well as small Williams’s spoons and spreaders. Think small if you’re targeting the whites.

Ling proved to be abundant for constant entertainment after sun down, Large glow spoons tipped with minnows were key but I am sure the would hit anything.

Depths that produced the best were 60' flats which were easy to find with gps charts. The whole trip we were mobile on sleds but rarely moved off that 60' flat. Bruce also has his huts in a productive location; whites were caught from both huts as well as lakers that were promptly released.

Big fish of the trip came on our last day in the form of a 15lb laker that slammed a small Williams bounced off the bottom, and there was another that I fought briefly until it peeled 150 yards of 8lb fire line of the stradic effortlessly and then "SNAP". By far the biggest fish I have ever hooked through the ice in the past 3 yrs of ice fishing on the lake.

I will try and post some pictures later in the week

All seven guys that went up caught fish and we would reccomend Tamar to any other guys lookin for a great trip.

:thumbsup_anim: Tight-lines,

Rustic