Quinte Tomorrow With 25 Km Winds

snagmaster

Hey guys im planning to hit Quinte tomorrow morning with my buds 16ft crestliner ....the only thing is there calling for 25 km winds from the NW ....What do you guys think? to much wind for the rig...Want to be safe but i also want to get out there. The passed two days have been close to 50km winds . What do you think the high winds will do to the fishing? thanks guys ...good luck on the water

Firstly, the high winds will give you that just right walleye chop! A Northwest wind will not be too much of a problem on Adolphus, if you stay fairly close to the north shore or centre of the reach. You may want to consider launching somewhere other than Picton... that wind will make the run from Picton to the ferry "interesting". (More intersting on the way back!LOL)

Alternatively, you could launch from Picton and fish Picton bay and hug the West shoreline (Cement Plant/Wall). The fish should have moved into that area by now, only down side being on rod per person on that side of the ferry.

If you do find yourself fishin in the chop, don't forget to run an outside planer board shallow and atlest 100ft from the boat.

Good luck!

HH

WOW..headhunter you said that dead on the money, :thumbsup_anim: i hope that he reads what you posted,i was also going to suggest to launch at the ferry,on the north side that would be protected from the northeast winds and would have the wind at his back for the run east,down to keiths shoal..cheers :santa: