Sunday Steelheading

elee886

I had an hour to kill before dinner with my folks in Cobourg, so I went to check out Factory Creek.

The creek was free of ice, but the water level was low considering that the mouth was wide open.

Apart from one other angler, I had some feathered company.

Rod013.jpg

Using a yellow and orange lure of my Dad's creation (it's called the "Cheese Omelette" pattern) I made a half-dozen casts when I got a strike. The fight was about five minutes long and pretty enjoyable, especially since I hadn't caught a steelhead for about a month.

Rod012.jpg

Once I snapped the one quick photo, the fish was released none the worse for wear. Didn't take any effort to revive -- took off like a flash.

With more warm weather for this week, I anticipate some good steelheading if the runoff doesn't muddy up the picture too much.

Eric

what better way to kill an hour .nice lookin' bow using one of dad's creations .made for some fun talk around the table i bet . " see told you that pattern works" lol.

I have to admit that it's not my first colour choice for a sunny day -- that would be black with orange spots. It just goes to show: always listen to your old man. :)

Eric