Gil Mar resort - Sturgeon Lake FYI

tipupesox

The gentlemen that cordinates our annual Fall fishing to Sturgeon Lake just received an email from the property proprietor stating that him and his wife are leaving the business. Their son is taking control of the business, and he has other plans for the property, and will not be using it as a resort. Not sure if anyone on this board has stayed or plans on staying at this location in 2008, but I thought I would pass the information on. It would be interesting to see if they plan on selling off the existing cabins and run the property as an association.

Tom

Yes its a really nice chunk of land,and in an awesome location lots of trees,nice docks,and they kept it in mint condition and its been there for almost 100yrs !!!! and now im curious what they will do with all that land ??? i hope they dont sell to a developer,and build mega homes,or a subdivision....oh man do i wish i could buy something like thati wonder how many millions they would ask for it !!! anyways thanks for the info,does that mean everyone who has booked will be out of luck,i remember that some families have been going there for generations,i hope thet they still keep great care of it and keep it looking mint !!!! :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Fishindevil,

Not really sure how that will affect the number of people that have booked lodging for this upcoming summer season. We have been going to Gil Mar for the last ten years for an annual muskie fishing outing, usually the second or third week in September. I have frequented the resort in the summer with my family as well and will miss the grounds, it is truely a beautiful location. Ron has been talking about getting out of the business for the last 2 or 3 years, his estimate for the property value was around 5 million. The only thing our group could conclude is that they may possibly sell of the cabins and run the grounds as an association. You would pay fees or dues for grounds maintenace and the owners of the cabins would be responsible for there upkeep and maintenance. My friend has sent an email trying to find out what there intentions are, if I receive any additional information, I will gladely pass it on. I have to agree that hopefully the property does not get into the hands of a developer. It is a prestine location and should stay unchanged.

Tom