Robbed

huntervasili

Thanks woodsman for being realistic...We don't live in a perfect world that everyone seems to think we do. Anyone here watch the news? You shouldn't have to lock your doors but when you leave them open I mean come on how can you not expect something like that to happen eventually? It's sad but it's REALITY.

As for your statement about not being constructive I would do a search, I did a lengthy positive post about rod building and a few positive comments on different reports.

You can't trust anyone these days and you sure don't need to give people reasons to commit crimes

Nate the negative nelly :rolleyes:

Hey Bill . I know how you feel. I had an ATV stolen from me about 10 years ago (No key in it). My heart sunk because I had just purchased and finished overhauling and was ready to go deer hunting. No insurance was on it yet.....Geeeeez. I'm still mad as hell when I think about it. Some low life dude never did get caught because I never did get it back.

Yet some here say thats the way society is and its your fault it happened.?????? Something is terribly wrong with that statement.

Its sad we need a key or a lock for anything really.

For once I totally agree with Nater.

Your mother left her purse with cash in an unlocked car???? What exactly was she expecting? This rant is the dumbest i have seen here in a while...

Should be a harsh lesson learned for you and your mother Bill. Next time hopefully you will know better.

And it does not matter if your doors are locked or not they will get in if they want.

Try telling your insurance company that.

If there was nothing in sight and the doors were locked I HIGHLY doubt they would bother breaking in. If they did I'm sure they would have stolen the car not cash or valuables etc. Couple of guys at my highschool got arrested last spring for doing the same thing. Stealing cell phones, sunglasses, change etc, it was pretty big news at school. They got off with a slap on the wrist and ahd to return what they had stolen, which I think is rediculous I'm sure there is a worse punishment that they should have received. I highly doubt they would have broken into a locked car where they couldn't see anything valuable worth taking.

I think it's terrible that people will do things like this I'm just saying if you leave things unlocked, the reality is that it's more tempting for the scum to tamper with.

Nate

Daplumma/Joe

When I used your quote I had enough respect to use your quote in whole as writen. "Nothing added" or "nothing deleted".

When quoting me in the future I request you show me the same respect.

When you delete parts of the quote or add text within the quote you can create false impressions.

As for your question(inserted within my quote) I said "Not saying it was your or your mother fault but it was not unexpected in todays society." In other words, "although you left it available to take it still should not of been taken. Just don't be amazed if it is".

Rick

And im sure that moron is at home counting his money calling you a dumb @ss for not locking the doors, just a easy grab and there gone. Not a safe world with lollipops and sour gummy bears with a chocolate fountains where the billy goat drink from their jr.

You just had to learn the hard way :asshat:

Woodsman I believe that reply would have been best in a Pm. Out of respect.

Bernie: As the mis-quote was made on the open forum I feel the reply should of also been there. As your reply was also made on the open forum, I will respond here also. I believe that Pm's should be kept private but open forum correspondence should be open and accurate. If I'm sent a Pm, I respond by Pm.

Rick