Simcoe Jan 8

iceguy

FishingBarry and I was out in cook's bay fog armed with floaters and picks for added safety to do some fishing in my hut. Driving slowly searching, the first person we see while looking for the hut in the dense fog is whitey and Bob Izumi. Rick being the swell guy took few pic's with Bob,barry and I as we chatted with the fishing icon. After that we said our good bye's and we proceeded to look for the needle in the haystack hut in the fog, after a 45-1 hour looking for the hut and almost losing our sled of supplies we finally located the hut when the fog dissipated a little. We would have found it in about a minute without the fog. Perch bite was a lot slower than had been in previous days and no pike. We also saw the helicopter out searching for the missing man. All in all a good day as we didn't lose any equipment and didn't get a parking ticket. As for the Ice Tomorrow One should go with Whitey and his crew as we have March like condition near shore and it would be a good idea to have a argo to get you to the safer 12 inches of ice near his huts.P.S FishingBarry hand held GPS saved our butts...

BobandRob.jpg100_2420.jpg Edited by iceguy