Jack's Lake ?????

Big Cliff

Got a few days off and was thinking I might try to get a day out on the ice. I was just wondering what the ice was like on Jack's lake, are there any huts out yet? It's a long drive up there just to check out the ice conditions.

A sled just went through Sturgeon Lake a few days ago (guy got out OK but I'm not sure if they recovered the sled or not).

I am in Hamilton now but am origanilly from Peterborough. I am visiting for the holidays and doing some fishing while i'm here. I went up yesterday and we caught 3 crappie , on at 13" and the other two were smaller. Seen 3 other nice 12 or 13" caught. Slow day but the crappie went nice with the perch from simcoe the day before. Ice was 8-10 of good black and 2 inches of white on top of that. about 10 guys out.

I will put the post and pics up tonight.

Thanks for the report, much appreciated! We have a few cold days ahead of us then things warm up a bit, 8-10" of ice is about what I feel comfortable taking my quad out on. got your ice fishing gear ready Beans? (Oh and I'll bring the helmits this time LOL)

Ice Walker, were your pictures taken in Brooks Bay? In the summer I live about 14K from there and fish Jack's a lot.

Before I got the place down south, I spent a couple of winters in Apsley and recall seeing a line of huts out and to the right of the puplic boat launch.

Garry2rs