BOQ Ice fishing

kingjames_2nd

I'd like to go down to the bay of quinte and try my hand at ice fishing. My problem i that I have never been so i dont know where to go, any access points, bait shops etc. Short of telling me your secret hot spots, can you offer any information as to where I can park? Where can I get bait? any popular shoals etc?

also, Can you tell me if the ice is strong enough to support us yet or when it hopefully will be?

finally, I am hoping to stay close to brighton if possible.

Thanks!

James

Well you should check in with sam,for sure...the bay of quinte is a very big body of water ,and the ice can vary greatly !!! from area to area,...so you should maybe go with a place that rents out huts for the day,as the operators will know where the safe ice is,and also where the fish are so sam can point you in the right direction !!! so good-luck & be safe out there....cheers :thumbsup_anim::clapping::Gonefishing:

I second Fishindevils reply.When its early in the season and ice is not that great yet go with the guys that know the area.Hut operators are the best way to go for first timers.Like others have said give Sam at Carra a call.

Be safe and be back to enjoy another time.

Dan

I live in Belleville. It's been warm and we had a lot of rain last week which really put a hurt on the ice. Definatly check with someone who knows befre you head out, and dont go alone. If i were you i'd wait forsome more cold weather...or else you may be needing some water wings!

-Ramble

Checked out Trenton @ the mouth of the river yesterday afternoon, no fish, and pretty sketchy ice. Only 4" off the park on the east side. I didn't venture out much farther than that. with the current there, I dont imagine there will be much more than that. There is a hut in between the channel markers though. I would wait a while before going there. BE SAFE!!

Cheers,