Thank You Gerritt NF

ketchenany

Gerritt, thanks for the walk through the carburator assembly and cleaning. That was the first time I had seen it, let alone taken apart. All went well, no gunk in the hose but residue in the bottom of the bowl. Gave everything a good cleaning, put it back together and away it went :clapping: :clapping: . Just a thought though that came to mind; this thing is coming on 20 years, still looks like new and intend to keep it that way (Craftsman 4/21) should I invest in some carburator parts for the future, just for insurance? Big Cliff may shed some light on this; since he is the small engine guru . . . :worthy:

To all a Merry Christmas and all the best for the New Year.

A

Albert, No sweat brother anytime. Glad to have been of help... they are a pretty simple system once you get them apart... :) I would keep a spare float (did you shake your current one?) as these seem to be the problem in many cases.. (Fuel leaking into them and not floating so well any more..) I would also get a spare spring, it connects the throttle to the governor, a spare fuel shut-off would not hurt either... as these tend to rust out... BG will probably have a few more items to add to that list also..

Glad you got it all work out!

G.