Steelhead Report

spoonman

Hit a couple different rivers on Saturday and only saw one nice silver caught. The water conditions were perfect just not a whole lot of fish biting today.

It was fun to get the centre pin out again.

Cheers

Al

www.alsadventures.ca

Edited by spoonman

Was out this morning.........

All the cons were just perfect......

Arrived to see near 20+ vehicles parked at my very secret location.........lol

Fishing was near shoulder to shoulder......and it seemed that everyone to the south of me was catching Chrome.....

Freaking hilarious..even seen one instance where a fella was doing the hook removal thing and another weekend warrior stepped into his spot and casted over this guys back..... :glare:

I dont have the patience for that crap.....I like my secret spot to myself.

Most of the waters at my spot average about 3'......to see the weekend guys come out dressed neck to toe in neoprene waders/camo'd........sporting 16"/+ machettes strapped to their ..get this..Utility belts????????

Of coarse they also had all you really needed to have ...a river vest.

I dont even wear a vest anymore.........

Rubber boots near 20" high.

A small bag w/strap for over the shoulder, that I discard whilst fishing

I suppose to each his own.........and it feels good to do the Rambo thing at the rivers edge to so many.

I just cant figure out why they need so much 'Going to War' outfits.......its only bows your going to catcth.

Look at all the great musky hunters...you'll never see one of them with a machette. I dont think you would anyway.

It was a good morning nonetheless...went 2-5 with the largest around 10lb.

Going to head back out this evening...it'll be my last time at my secret location for a while as we are moving this comming week to a real river...hopefully one where head to toe camo'd neoprene isnt called for as proper attire to wear.

For Jeeeze sakes...I dont think our military over seas wears as much army equipment/gear as some of the folk I've been seeing recently.

Best of luck to all of you steelie fishing this weekend.........if'n the rains hold off it will remain a great day for chrome.

Peter

Saterday looked AMAZING when I get to the river. Water conditions were as perfect as Ive seen them and the temp was nice. There was lots of pressure though and I think I got there just a little too late. Went 0-1 but didnt see too many fish caught.

Pretty bitter report^^^

Guys fishing shallow creeks depend on camo to increase their odds of not spooking fish especially in clear conditions. I guess you're one of the goofs wearing bright colours.

Your "secret" fishing hole is an open invitation to the local zoo.

Quite the contrary 'Whishin'

#1. There is nothing secret about my fishing hole

-I just like to refer to it as such cuz I've fished it since the seventies there fore I call it my place even if unowned.

#2. I also agree with you on the 'camo' being used to somewhat hide yourself from the all seeing 'bows.

I dress for the river too, although not in camo my colours hide my figure as much as possible from the senses of the fish. Lack of movement is another form of 'camo' that you must learn and stealth in approach to the river side.

Never, and I mean never, have I ever had the need for a large machette...

these tribs are not the amazon. Generally the type of 'camo'd' anglers I referred to usually arrive in pairs and they are anything but quiet and i've have found that at least 7/10 of them wear those utitilty belts to carry their beer which is left behind as trash. I have camo gear myself and only wear it when its called for as you said..in very clear cons. I was refferring to those that wear the head to toe neoprene in 3' of water and the need they have to add to the attire, utility belts sporting long machette's and other hidden compartments....binnoculars??? a compass???????? Comon Wishin'.these guys also wear a fly vest with its own compartments.

It's been a good many years where I had to refer to someone as a goof......and there are some locales where if someone is referred to as such, you better have meant it and be able to defend it as well.