Thought On Barrie Ontario

Crazyhook

I moved to Barrie, to go to college and never left. I got a great Job close to home, to work in Barrie and make a City wage is a blessing. It has a small town mentality, but its a City. Its perfectly situated for myself being right on Simcoe though its close enough to the Muskoka's and a short trip up the 400 to the GTA. The last year I moved to Innisfil, where I have some land, and 2 mins to the Boat launch and 2 min to the Fish Hut. Its Perfect, who said anything about 9 lb lakers and 6 lb smallies, more like 25 lb lakers (ive caught one) and 7-9 lb smallies ( ive caught a 7.5, and a friend has a 9.5 mounted, .2 off the Canadian Recort) I will be here for a while!!

I moved to Barrie 4 years ago to be closer to family. I make the daily commute into Toronto 5 days a week. About 200km's round trip per day. I don't find the drive to bad at all, but it all depends on what time you need to be in TO for. I work a 7-4 shift, so I usually miss most of the traffic. Luckily for me I own a car that gets 50MPG :) I would never do the commute if I was filling up the car with gas instead of diesel. My average fuel costs per month are around $200-250 per month. I love the fact that I can drive 30 mins and be on the Severn River for 2-3hrs of fishing with the oldman after work, you can't beat that.

There are a few tricks to miss the traffic, but thankfully I have an employer that understands my situation so I do have the option of working from home on those fridays in the summertime which clog up the 400 to no end. If I have to be in the city, I'll rip up Weston to 9, then up a side road that intersects 27, up 27 for a bit until I get get on sideroad 5 then all the way in. It's not to bad, and it beats sitting on the 400 doing 10km/h...

It's all personal preference though.. I would never live in the city, I absolutely hate it.