What are they thinking????

motv8tr

On my way home from grocery shopping this morning, I look out onto the south side of Penetang bay and see a bit of open water, guess the ice wasn't that thick after all. Then I did a double take, on the north side of the bay are 4-5 huts!!! :w00t: Is it just me or are some people rushing things a bit??? The next couple of days are calling for snow and warmer temps... Weather forcast I wonder how long they'll last out there?

Maureen

You have to know Penetang Bay well Maureen. Lots of spring and creeks coming in..that stay open all year long no matter how cold. There's a "calm" section between Hindson Marine and the S turn on Champlain that is shallow and is generally pretty safe IF YOU KNOW where you are going !

Noticed Midland Harbour has some WET pressure cracks in her this morning. Just when I was giving thought to a big hole and some vertical jigging with a Fuzzy Duzzit ! LOL

Also, for those going North thinking COLD = more ice. I just got a report that there is only 1 to 3 inches of ice on Lake Temagami in the bay right by Hwy #11... thanks to all the snow they've been getting. The cold isn't making any ice.

might be a little early....

but just like on simcoe there are guys who know the lake and test and test the ice and know where to set up...all quite safe..guys were icefishing between the island and main land watching the ferry go by breaking ice to the island, but knew they were on safe ice where they were.

but then the problem is people hear..hey huts on the lake and the wannabes...start going out without checking and testing and fall through..

Guest gbfisher

Huts out on the main channel on Waubaushene..................... :rolleyes: If they open up the locks like they do sometimes. :whistling:

Edited by gbfisher