fishing quinti next spring

bobkayla

99% of our Quinte pickeral fishing is done after dark in the springtime, and we normally troll minnow baits in close to shore in 8 - 12 FOW and generally do very well. Most of our fish in the early spring are in the 2-5 pound range, although my nephew boated a 12+ pounder a few years back.

Lots of folks jig for them in the daytime too and do well, but I can't help you there as I don't enjoy that type of fishing and seldom do it.

We also get alot of decent pike in the daytime working jerkbaits over the fresh weedbeds.

There's a whole smorgasborg of fish in Quinte, so you'll have no trouble enjoying your self there next spring....best of luck :Gonefishing:

99% of our Quinte pickeral fishing is done after dark in the springtime, and we normally troll minnow baits in close to shore in 8 - 12 FOW and generally do very well. Most of our fish in the early spring are in the 2-5 pound range, although my nephew boated a 12+ pounder a few years back.

Lots of folks jig for them in the daytime too and do well, but I can't help you there as I don't enjoy that type of fishing and seldom do it.

We also get alot of decent pike in the daytime working jerkbaits over the fresh weedbeds.

There's a whole smorgasborg of fish in Quinte, so you'll have no trouble enjoying your self there next spring....best of luck :Gonefishing:

much appreciated lew,,thanks for the info

The fishing is fine in the spring. Low light conditions as suggested above. Our biggest have come in the morning before 8am...Not that we havn't caught fish after 9am. We usually worm harnesses. Red in the low light and blue or green once the sun gets up a little. As far as boat launches...depends what endo of Quinte you are targeting.

-Ramble