Closing Season & Awaiting Open Season

EC1

Hey everyone. My first post here anyways. Have to say this year i was out on the water the most compared to all my other years of fishing. Been into this sport since the age of 3 and now 17. My season seems finished this year as i usually fish in the Kawarthas unless if i go somewhere else.

I also have a question about how i can start fishing next year. The dams i have usually fished at opens the day when walleye season opens. Crappie and perch did happen to be open a month earlier than the walleye season, so where can i go to fish for crappie and perch? Do i have to be out on a boat? or be somewhere that is nowhere near a dam?

Thanks in Advance

Yep...be somewhere that is nowhere below a dam in the Kawarthas...most are fish sanctuaries until one week later than the opening of pickerel fishing...a boat helps but is not the be all to end all...lots of panfish including crappies can be caught from shore after the last Saturday of April 2008...

If you hang around here long enough, you just might meet some new mates to fish with and learn a few tips...some members will share places if you PM them but will not divulge the info here on the forum...I hope you understand why...